Sunday, December 27, 2009

Baby of an update!
My friend who is with the music committee over at NYU contacted me to do a band poster for the upcoming Atlas Sound/Neon Indian show, Atlas Sound being Bradford Cox of Deerhunter's solo project, which is pretty fucking cool. His music's pretty intriguing; it's made through stream of consciousness, making it very atmospheric coupled with the instruments and special effects. It's sort of like being at the beach at night; very intangible. Some of the vocals remind me of Grizzly Bear.

Neon Indian, to take a quote from Pitchfork, is "Kind of like MGMT on a ramen budget-- and with less face paint." But way cooler than MGMT because MGMT is, well... I just had to delete a paragraph's worth of ranting.
But I can see similarities between NI and MGMT. Actually, I think Neon Indian might be more comparable to Hot Chip, especially because they have an affinity for remixes. Neon Indian's got more character because of the lo-fi feel, but then again I'm a huge fan of the lo-fi vocals on anyone's album.
I should stop talking about music.

Nevertheless, I'm very excited to see what is going to come out of it.


I'll be having that up and about within 2 weeks!

Edit: I probably will do the poster for the Man Man show that's coming up after that if I have time during school. Yippee skippy.

1 comment: